Managing risk on clients’ assets is a core element of the Workman property management service, particularly in the areas of health & safety statutory compliance and insurance.
Workman is accredited to OHSAS18001 – Health & Safety Management - and has been awarded the British Safety Council 5-Star Award in recognition of our high standard of safety management.
To manage risk on site we have a dedicated risk management unit of 11 specialist staff, to provide the following support and systems to the property management and on-site teams:
- Staff Training & Advice – delivered through external courses, in-house workshops and on-line training modules
- Risk Assessments – including general, fire, water, asbestos, DDA, slip test, noise, light and environmental
- Policies & Procedures – accredited to OHSAS18001 and accessible to all staff via an extranet
- Management Tools – to monitor and report performance in risk management and document compliance using a range of industry-leading software systems
- 24 hour Incident Reporting – including the central reporting of RIDDOR incidents
- Local Authority Liaison – to ensure a consistent and coordinated approach.
In the area of insurance, we have a dedicated Insurance Coordinator to manage the claims process. Acting as the interface between insurers, brokers and property management teams, incidents are reported promptly, the claims process is managed efficiently, insurers’ risk improvements are implemented and premiums are re-charged accurately and swiftly.
Subject to client instructions, we can assist clients in the placing of cover, and often implement rolling programmes of re-instatement valuations across portfolios subject to separate fee arrangements.