Project Management and Employer’s Agent.
Our Building Consultancy team, led by Edward Moore, Partner, successfully project managed the development of Merton37, a brand new detached industrial unit.
The development sits on a self-contained site of 1.43 acres in a well-established industrial location in South Wimbledon. The 37,000 sq. ft property has achieved BREEAM Excellent, and EPC A +.
In the heart of South West London, the industrial unit was built by Harmonix Construction Ltd to Net Zero-ready specifications for tenant fit out, it includes:
- Solar PV panels,
- 24% of parking fitted with electric vehicle chargers with remainder of parking EVC-ready,
- 10% office space at mezzanine level, fitted out to Cat A with high-efficiency LED lighting,
- Rainwater harvesting capture for use on landscaping and site washdown,
- Planting scheme incorporating native species, providing improved habitats for wildlife and a more pleasant occupier environment, while delivering significant biodiversity net gain,
- Workman’s intelligent building operating system IBOS installed.
The works included full demolition of the existing buildings, site clearance and construction of the new property. During the project our team encountered site constraints from archaeological, environmental, and surrounding building factors, however the build was completed to a high standard and under budget.